Frequently Asked Questions
On this page we’ve gathered solutions to the most common inquiries into our services. They will be updated regularly to reflect the most relevant information.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answers you’re looking for, please login and raise a support ticket. Otherwise, send us a message in our support chat.
Once you have purchased your domain name – if you decide you no longer need the domain you can cancel it at any time before it comes due for renewal (usually 1 or 2 years). To do so, you must notify us by raising a Support ticket from your client area.
Once your order has gone through and the registration was successful your domain name is ready to use. However, due to the nature of the DNS system it can take up to 12-36 hours for all the DNS servers across the Internet to be able to “see” your domain.
Domain name usually lasts for a period of 1 year, but you can also renew it for longer periods (a maximum of 10 years).
Yes, you can. From your account, go to domains and select from the drop down menu “Transfer Domains To Us” follow the on screen prompts. If you haven’t got a client account with us as yet, please Click the billing link at the top of the website, and from the menu, select STORE and transfer domains to us from the drop down. Any questions chat to us from the button at the bottom of the page.
Yes you can, but you can only do this from your client billing area, once you have an account with FBC.
You need the name, address and contact details of the person or company who will own the domain name. You will also need to provide your payment details so that we can process your order.
Go to Get your domain, and in the search field type the name you wish to order. The available domain name will be displayed with a green tick. The next step is to either purchase your hosting with FBC or, enter the details for your existing web hosting.
A domain name is the address of your website that people type in the browser’s URL to find you (for example www.mywebsite.co.uk) So to put it simply, a domain name is your website’s name.
Yes. All web hosting most be purchased for a minimum of a month.
Yes, you can. Our web hosting accounts come with a Control Panel, which enables you to manage your account online. We also offer support via our ticket system.
Yes, you can. Contact us for further instructions.
Yes, you need a domain name for your web hosting to work. See What is a domain name?
Yes, you can purchase Web hosting to serve your existing domain name.
Go to the Web hosting area on our website, select the web hosting package you require and click on buy now.
Ther are a number of ways to access your email. You can simply access it via your web hosting control panel. Alternatively you can log in via webmail from our site (fbcbusiness.uk) by going to the topmost menu and selecting the relevant web hosting server from the dropdown menu in webmail .
Yes, as long as you have access to the internet, you can access your email through any web browser.
Yes, you can add additional email addresses from your client billing area. (you need a client login for this).
New accounts are set up instantly. After you process your order, you can start using your new web hosting within 1 hour.
Depending on your web hosting package, you can have anywhere from 50 – 300 mailboxes. See Web hosting for prices and packages.
Yes, you do. All our hosting accounts include email addresses/mailboxes as standard.
Managed web hosting means that FBC manages your web hosting for you (i.e. backups and maintenance).
Cloud web hosting means that you manage your web hosting yourself (i.e. you are responsible for your data backed up etc.) but still have the option of purchasing managed services.
We offer different web hosting packages aimed at both individuals and businesses (see Web hosting prices) these are either cloud based web hosting or managed web hosting. We also offer WordPress hosting and web hosting used with DIY Websites.
Web hosting is the place where all the files of your website live. It is like the home of your website where it actually lives. It may be helpful to think about it as if it were a house. The Domain name is the address, and the web hosting is the actual house that address points to. All websites on the internet, need web hosting. (see What is the difference between domain name, web design and web hosting? for more details.
Yes, you can purchase Pay As You Go update and maintenance services (e.g. site backup, SEO, malware scan and removal, and site development hours).
Our range includes:
- FBC Update packages – these are for websites where we update your text and images regularly, set up email addresses for you etc.
- FBC Maintenance packages – regular updates to your website, regular backups, CMS plugins and updates, Google analytics reports, security scanning, performance monitoring etc.
- FBC Security package – designed to help protect your website from bot attacks, and hacking attempts.
- FBC Backups – regularly backup of your data giving you a peace of mind.
- Performance and SEO – we optimise your site increasing your chances of ranking higher on search engines like Google.
When the design is completed, you can either manage the updates and backups on your new website yourself, or for a peace of mind, we can manage these for you. We offer a range of services, that are either one-off, or recurring services.
Yes, we can. We can help you by creating the structure of your website without adding text and images to it. After this you can add your pictures and text. (please note that a one-off fee applies. See Need help with your design?)
Simply select and purchase the DIY Web Builder package from our CloudHosting / Aries Server web hosting packages.
Check out our individual prices by going to Site Update Packages
Check out our individual prices by going to Design packages
No. We do however require a deposit prior to any work commencing. The deposit amount and all payment installments will be agreed with you beforehand.
Our development team will be in touch as soon as they can and inform you of what we can do for you at what cost. If you decide you would like us to design your website then after finalising the details, and signing a web design agreement we can proceed with your website design/development.
No, you do not have to proceed with the quote. However if this is just a temporary situation, please contact us to see if we can find a temporary solution.
Go to our Get A Quote section from out Web Development page. There you will find our Web Design & Development form. Fill in all required fields giving as much detail as possible. Our development team will then be in touch with you advising of the next steps.
There is no right answer here, it depends on several factors:
- Budget – how much do you want to spend on website development?
- Time – do you have time to create a website or do you need it created quickly?
- Knowledge – are you confident enough with your computer or coding skills?
Yes you can. To do this you can use our DIY Site builder.
We can either develop your website for you based on your instructions or you can use our DIY Site builder to build your own website.
- design your website from scratch
- design logos for your website
- source images for your website if you don’t have any
- redesign your current website
- perform regular updates and maintenance for your website
- make one-off amendments to your website after it has been released
- help to protect your site from hackers and offer advanced security
- regular website backups so that you don’t lose your data
- website optimisation
- ensure your website design is tablet and mobile friendly
- design mobile apps
We can develop a multitude of sites for personal or business use. Some types include :
- Brochure / Catalogue
Domain names and web hosting are two different services. But, they work together to make websites possible. Without domain names it would not be possible for people to find your website, and without web hosting it would not be possible to build/design your website.
- A domain name is the name or address of your website that people type in the browser’s URL to find you (for example www.mywebsite.co.uk)
- Web hosting is the place where all the files of your website are located. It is like the home of your website where it actually lives. Every website needs to have web hosting. There are different types and price plans for your web hosting, we can advise you on this.
So to simplify these 2 things think of a house.
- you need an address where the house will be = domain name
- you need the house to sit somewhere (a plot) = web hosting
- you need to buy a domain name, for example: mywebsite.com, which will be your website’s address. We can help you with this, you can check if your desired name is available in the Get your domain name section
- you need the domain name to be hosted, so that web browsers can find it. See our Web hosting section for different packages.
- develop your website. This can be done either by yourself or if you do not have the time or would like to have it done professionally, we can develop your website for you.